Monday, June 22, 2015

PiYo Infomercial Part 2: My Adventure Begins

The week before the infomercial was a whirlwind of finalizing plans, secretly (from my husband) buying new workout clothes (they were on sale at Old Navy!) and traveling to my cousin's bachelorette party!  I think in five days I spent one night in my own bed.

The day came and I packed as light as I could:  one outfit for both plane rides, a couple workout options, and pjs.  Oh, and a yoga mat.  There would be no checking bags, no computer, no frills.  My original plan was to board a plane in Philly at 6:30 pm, change planes in Houston during a 40 minute layover, and land in LA at 11 pm PST.  Imagine how my stress level rose when, on my way to the airport, I got an alert that my plane to Houston was delayed 30 minutes.  No worries, I thought, if they know I'm coming, they should hold the plane.

Then the plane was delayed an hour.

Then an hour and a half

Then 2 hours.

I decided it was probably time to figure out another way to LA.  But first, let me take a selfie.



In 2 minutes, the helpful airport desk lady had me on a nonstop flight to LA that left at 8:30 pm and landed in LA at the exact same time.  Crisis averted!  Everybody resume normal activity!

So of course, as I'm waiting to board, I brought my inspiration, You Are a Badass, and happened to read the following quote:



So many times during this trip, I couldn't believe what I was doing.  I would have moments of anxiety and as I was trying to talk myself out of the crippling fear of during something so out of my comfort zone, I would come to the realization of how AWESOME it all was.  Seriously.

Fast forward a lot of hours through one very cold plane ride, an unexplainably long rental car line, and a scenic midnight drive over the hills of San Pedro, and I ended up at a fellow coach's house!  We had never met, and actually were not even friends on Facebook, yet here she was opening her home to me and providing an extremely comfortable bed on which for me to get in my beauty sleep.








I didn't have to be in Irvine until 11 am the next day, so I spent the morning having our own little team building session and by 9:30 am I was on my way.

I got to the gym around 10:30 and recorded this little message:



How did it go?  Do you want to read Part 3 before everyone else?  Sign up to have ME as your free coach, and you'll get a sneak peak at the final blog post before everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment