Tuesday, December 29, 2015

And Egg-cellent Holiday

Just in the [Saint] Nick of time... I tried my new food for December. (get it? har har)

That new food?  Eggs.

I know, I know.  Here's the thing... I've eaten LOADS of scrambled eggs.  However, I've never tried them any other way.  My parents never really ate anything but scrambled eggs, so I had no reason to try them any other way.  My mom would occasionally eat hard boiled eggs, but I thought they seemed gross.  So I never tried them.

I REALLY wanted to try a hard-boiled egg.  My thought was that they are the PERFECT travel snack.  So easy to make ahead of time and take with me on the go or to school, especially if I need more protein and fat.  But everyone's favorite Rachel convinced me to try over easy eggs first.  Organic over easy eggs cooked in grass-fed butter on an english muffin.  Wasn't going to say no to that.  So on Christmas Eve, Rachel came over and made us a very special little breakfast.



Final Thoughts:  Didn't love it, didn't hate it.  For all the work it took, I would rather just eat scrambled eggs.  I loved eating the english muffin though.  And it was really pretty.

A couple days later, I decided to attempt the hard boiled egg.  When my husband and I got married, we registered for this awesome egg timer, even though neither of us really eat hard or soft boiled eggs.  But obviously, it was worth it (two years later), since I got to try it now:


I just made one and had it with a side of bread sticks.  At least there would be one thing on my plate I'd be guaranteed to like...



Final Thoughts:  Multiple people couldn't tell whether I liked it from my picture above, but I really did!  It was quick and easy to eat, and delicious with a little salt and pepper.  I am SO excited to be able to add hard boiled eggs to my meal planning repertoire!

What new food should I try in January?!

No comments:

Post a Comment