Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Warrior Squat Moon

I've always considered myself to be a runner.  I hated it, but I loved it.  I loved preparing for a race; scheduling out my runs, increasing my mileage, watching my stamina and speed improve.  It was like studying for a big test.  And I was very good at studying and getting A's.

Then I started to feel like running wasn't doing what I wanted it to for my body anymore.  It was bringing down my spirit and my drive.  And that's when I discovered weight lifting.

Man do I love weightlifting.  I started with P90X in the spring of 2013.  The workouts were long, but I hurt every day for 90 days.  It was awesome.  I would go out for a run and my strides felt lighter and easier.  When I was training for my first half marathon in the fall of 2013 and even when I was counting down to my knee surgery in the spring of 2014, I was able to find a P90X workout that fit my needs.  In the Fall of 2014 I complete Chalean Extreme.  And on Monday, I reconnected with Tony Horton to begin P90X3.  I am beyond excited to see what this program has to offer!

Total Synergistics was the first workout I did and below, the Warrior Squat Moon, was the last move of that workout.  Having just finish my second round of PiYo, I know my balance and lower body strength is exceptional.  This move was still challenging!  Try going back and forth between Warrior and Moon for a total of 30 seconds on your right leg before switching to your left.  Also, don't strain your neck as much as I did in the video during Warrior.  Keep it in neutral spine with your ears between your shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment