Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chocolate Shakeology Protein Bar

I'm back for Tasty Tuesday!

Nothing new on the dinner front for me and Rachel.  We've both been very busy, and on my end, I've been prepping dinners in advance and doing a lot of leftovers, without a lot of pretty pictures to show you.  Today I've got something even better for you though.

Dessert.



About 13 days ago, I made a pledge on Facebook that I would go 24 days without sweets, salty snacks, soda or more that 1-2 glasses of wine in a week.  I've been doing pretty well, and more on that when I've finally finished (11 more days to go!).  HOWEVER, two ways that I've been able to get through this time of struggle is a) my morning chocolate Shakeology and b) these Chocolate Shakeology Protein Bars.  Ermygod guys.

I'll tell you I was really skeptical at first because they had almond butter in them.  I really detest nuts and peanut butter, so I figured my feelings would be the same for almond butter.  While I can tell you I'm definitely not a fan of almond butter, you can't even taste it in these bars.  And as someone who can smell peanut butter from two rooms away, believe me when I say you really can't taste it.

As a 21 Day Fix Extreme recipe, 8 servings is 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue and 1/2 Yellow.  However, I find that just a small sliver is satisfying enough for me, so I don't even really count it.

Chocolate Shakeology Protein Bars

Prep time:  10 minutes

Refrigerate time:  2 hours
Total time:  2 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 8 1x1 inch pieces

Ingredients:
2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
4 scoops of Chocolate Shakeology (or Vanilla or Strawberry!)
1/2 cup of all-natural smooth almond butter
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk


Instructions:
Place the oats and Shakeology in a food processor, cover, and blend for 1 minute.  Add almond butter and almond milk, cover, and blend for 1 minute.  Next, place wet, sticky "dough" into an 8x8 inch baking sheet and press evenly to distribute.  Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm




I wish I could've taken a picture of how messy this stuff is on your fingers.  Seriously.  Of course, I was flying solo for these so I had no one to take pictures of said fingers.  Such is life.

You will not be disappointed with these bad boys.  They hit the spot when you need an extra sweet hit or a little snack to hold you over until your next meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment