Thursday, April 30, 2015

South Jersey Super Saturday!




So far, one of the most amazing things I have done with my Beachbody family was attend the first Super Saturday of the year in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  In attendance there was the CEO Carl Deikler, 21 Day Fix/Extreme trainer Autumn Calabrese, and the 2014 Top Coach, Melanie Mitro.  It was so exciting to see everyone come together for the common goal of bettering ourselves as coaches and bettering the lives of others through our products.





Super Saturday happens four times a year and can literally happen anywhere.  All you need is to register your town with Beachbody.  They will send you a corporate video to show.  Other than that, it's up to you!  You can have one person there or thousands.  You can hold it in your garage, a local school or church, or even a hotel or NFL stadium!

Inspired by our experiences in Pittsburgh in January, my coach decided to co-host the next Super Saturday event locally, which was this past Saturday, April 24.  I have to tell you, I was excited (I'm always excited to spend time with my team), but I didn't think there would be that many people there!    And people we didn't know who weren't on our team!

It was a really awesome morning.  My coach Leigh and another local Star Diamond coach Sabrina welcomed everyone and did some recognitions.  We then heard from one of Leigh's challengers, Kelly, about her transformation:  over 40 pounds since last July doing T25 and Insanity Max: 30!

Next we watched the video from corporate.  Two new product announcements were made:  Cize!, a new dance workout by Shaun T and Beachbody Performance, a line of supplements that range from pre-workout energy to nighttime repair formulas!  I'm kind of excited about this, although I read that you can't mix any of it with Shakeology, which is what I've been doing with the Beachbody protein that was just discontinued.  Once the products come out in July, I'll give everyone a full run-down.  If you're interested in being notified when these products are available, click the products^!

The video also featured quick advice from some top coaches and some very inspirational stories from some successful challengers.  These videos are quite motivational for veteran and new coaches alike, as well as visiting friends and challengers in attendance who are not coaches.

After the video, there were some trivia and prizes and then finally, the live workout portion!  Leigh started it off with a half hour of Insanity!  The bad AND good news was that Leigh had to modify some of the moves because there wasn't enough room with all the people who showed up.  It was really awesome.

Next was PiYo live and my FIRST class!  You remember when Rachel and I got certified two months ago?  I have been practicing and preparing for this very moment!  It was a very interesting experience.  Even without a mirror in front of me or the confidence/experience to do the moves facing my "class", I still think it went really well!  Quite a few people commented to me that it was way different, and better, than the video program (I, of course, disagree) and now they want to get certified too!  Awesome!


I have to end by pointing out my sweaty band.  Why am I wearing it like that?  Do I always wear it like that?  As one of my teammates so eloquently put it:
I guess if I have to be compared to anyone, Rambo is not a bad choice.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment