Friday, July 31, 2015

Chicken and Fish and Turkey, Oh My!

I am so excited to announce my very first free clean eating challenge group, targeted at eating clean while on vacation!  Even when I became a coach, I was really resistant to clean eating, or at least labeling myself as a clean eater!  It seemed too difficult and there were a lot of things I didn't want to give up!

But soon enough, without even realizing it, I started slowly incorporating and substituting clean foods into my daily routine.  Like I said, it was a slow, gradual change.  But with the change in my diet, I started to see a change in my body as well.  It was pretty incredible and I became a believer.

You can make some amazing clean meals, but it's important to start with the staples.  Here are three, very basic meat recipes.  You can season these three forms of protein with any fresh or dried spices, or a combination of spices.  You can all add these to salads, stir fry, casseroles, tortillas, anything!  If you ever need suggestions, hit me up!

BAKED CHICKEN BREAST (from the Portion Fix Eating Plan)
(Makes 1 serving)

4 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 tsp. olive oil
All-Purpose Seasoning or Seasoning of choice (to taste, optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.  Place chicken in ovenproof dish.
3.  Drizzle with oil.  Season with seasoning of choice (if desired).
4.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.

Cooking Tip!
Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness and weight of the chicken breasts.  Cook chicken breast for the following times:
3 to 6 oz: 15 to 20 min
7 to 12 oz:  18 to 25 min
13 to 16 oz:  20 to 30 min
You can also season chicken with lemon or lime juice!


WHITE FISH (from the Portion Fix Eating Plan)
(Makes 1 serving)

4 oz raw white fish (such as cod, tilapia, halibut, etc.)
1 tsp. olive oil
All-Purpose Seasoning or Seasoning of choice (to taste, optional)

1.  Preheat broiler to high.
2.  Drizzle with oil.  Season with seasoning of choice (if desired).
3.  Broil fish for about 3 to 4 minute on each side or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Cooking Tip!
Cooking ties may vary depending on the thickness and weigh of the fish.  Cook fish for the following times:
4 to 6 oz:  5 to 7 minutes on each side
7 to 12 oz:  6 to 9 minutes on each side
13 to 16 oz:  7 to 10 minutes on each side
You can also season fish with lemon or lime juice!


GROUND TURKEY
(Makes 4 servings)

1 lb raw ground turkey
All-Purpose Seasoning or Seasoning of choice (to taste, I use 1 TB)

1.  Saute ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it apart with a spatula or spoon.
2.  Season with seasoning of choice (if desired).
3.  The turkey is finished when there is no pink left.
4.  Drain excess fat by pouring it off into a disposable container and dispose of (do not pour fat down your drain!  It will solidify when it cools).

No comments:

Post a Comment